Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abbie
New User

PostSubject: Re: My story   Mon 19 Jan 2009, 3:45 pm

My 33 weeker was only 2lb 13oz, so that sounds great for 29 weeks to me! Wishing you all the best for a trouble free pregnancy.
Abbie x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adullam-ministries.org.uk
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 2:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Just needed to come and have a moan. Went for routine check today and BP was 130/80. I booked at 120/80 and it was been lower than that everytime so far and they found +1 protien so i'm a little stress out today. Hopeing that protien is just UTI but i just can't shake the feeling it's starting again Crying or Very sad
I'm 31 weeks now and have another scan and antenatal next friday at 32 weeks so i just keep hopeing everything will be ok. I so don't want another C-section as i know you can only have so many and i couldn't breasfeed grace as my body didn't know i'd had the baby.

I hope i'm over reacting but from now till next friday i'm taking it easy (easier said than done when your mum is in hospital having just had a heartattack)

Hope your well carrie and everyone else.
Love Paula
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 5:37 pm

Hi Paula, I can understand your concern. I hope it is a uti, and although your bp is raised its not that high. I hope that your mum is ok and you are able to relax a little-perhaps your bp was raised because you are worried about your mum.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma29
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 7:02 pm

Hi Paula, i totally understand your worries I am 24 weeks at the moment and trying my best to stay positive and relaxed but you just cant help thinking oh no hope it not starting again.

I think the positive thing for you is your bp is not too high from what you booked in at, i always thought it was the top figure that is stress related so its not surprising with everything you have going on at the moment that might be why its up a little. Really hope you and your mum are okay.

best wishes emma xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicki D
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 7:26 pm

Hi Paula,

You're right to try and take it as easy as you can, you've got a lot on your plate, and it's no wonder you're worrying! I hope your mum is OK, and recovers quickly.

Your BP isn't that much higher than booking, and the diastolic is still the same, so that's positive. Hopefully, as you say the protein is just a UTI or a blip.

Try to relax as much as you can, not easy when you've got a toddler, let alone with everything else that's going on! It may be worth talking to your health visitor to see if they can off you any additional support with Grace in the short term, they may be able to take her a couple of hours so you can get some rest. Get your friends and neighbours to cook or have take-away, and don't worry about the dust (it'll still be there next week! Smile )

Are you working? If you are, can you get your GP to sign you off for a week or so?

Take care of youself,

Nicki x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 10:05 pm

Hi Paula
Oh you do sound stressed out! So much on your plate - it's no wonder you're a bit wobbly.

All the ladies are correct - the BP is only marginally higher, and you know there are other things happening (stress and worry) that could cause that.

Why don't you ask your community midwife or GP for some dipsticks so you can keep an eye on your wee (so to speak!) between now and next week when you have your scan. It's a great way of feeling as if you've got just a little bit of control, and you don't have to sit there wondering if it's going up...

Also, try not to worry about having a C-section and breastfeeding. You may not have managed last time, but every pregnancy is different an it's not a foregone conclusion that you won't be able to, even after an emergency section.

Everyone of us who has gone through a second pregnancy knows something of that dread feeling, worrying that it's starting again. We all deal with it differently, heaven knows, and for many of us it just stays at the dread feeling stage. Stay calm, and take everything as it comes. Remember - last time, you wouldn't have any idea what was going to happen, and you probably beat yourself up for not noticing "warning signs." So don't beat yourself up now for noticing things that might be warning signs. You are programmed to keep your baby safe, so all the knowledge you have now is helping you do that. Even if it's all just a false alarm!

I hope things settle down for you, and that your mum recovers quickly.

xx
Laurie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 23 Jan 2009, 1:47 pm

Hi Paula,

I really dont have much else to add other than reiterate what the ladies have all said!
But my experience with dipsticks in a clinic (not the people Exclamation ) are they are not as reliable as when used at home.
This is sometimes because the M/W may not wait for the stick to 'develop' long enough or not look too closely at the colour change. Home monitoring has been proven to be far more accurate.
If you get a positive stick of +2 ask your midwife to do a PCR urine test. (Protien Creatinine Ratio) as they are quicker than the 24 hour urine. Although the 24 hour collection is still classed as the 'gold standard' the PCR is the next best thing & immediate.

Follow your instincts and make yourself heard if you are afraid. As always, if PE does rear its ugly head again, you will want to know that in your heart of hearts you did everything in your power. Worst case scenario you will have lots of visits to the clinic for no other reason than to reassure yourself, and that is seldom a bad thing.

Hang in there, you know where we are if you need us.

Warm Wishes
Liz

Carrie06
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 23 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

Hi Paula, haven't been on for a while. I can only really go by my experiences - my systolic BP has been up and down and even the diastolic has been up to 78. I was at the GP last week and it was 155/80 but she had started to probe and ask me questions while she took it and could quite literally feel it going up but thankfully was lower when she repeated it. Like you, I've had the +1 protein and was told that they wouldn't even take much notice of it but only did in me because of my history. The urine PCR which they did twice came back as normal.

I echo your feelings on the c-section but I think it's an inevitability for me now and the consultant has changed from suggesting I have it to recommending it because he thinks the size of the baby will be too much for my uterus to take. I'm 30+4 and at scan on Tuesday, baby was approx 4lb so I've gone the other way from tiny to big as estimated birth weight is expected to be >9lb. I thought that Tuesday would be the last scan but we are back in 2 weeks for another one and to set a date for the section. It will be Alice's first birthday on the 28th so it's been hard with that coming up while getting excited and worried about the new baby. I'm getting a bit impatient and wish that time would go quicker.

I hope that everything remains stable with you; keep us updated. All the best, Carriex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 23 Jan 2009, 6:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words i really appreciate them.

My mum is coming home tomorrow so thats one less stress thank god cheers I hope the +1 protien is just a uti and they have sent the sample off for testing. The midwife says i have the symptoms of uti backache in the kidney area going to the loo and hardly doing anything so fingers crossed.
As soon as i found out i knew who i needed to talk to and that everyone here my husband is understanding but only can understand to a degree.
Thanks so much and i'll keep you informed my 32+2 week scan is on friday 30th so i will kniow more then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carrie06
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:19 pm

Paula, meant to say I hope your mum has a good recovery - that must be incredibly stressful for you. Best wishes, Cx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:33 pm

That's really excellent news, Paula! Hooray on all counts! Blimey, it's odd to think one welcomes confirmation of a UTI. Yuck! But fingers crossed.

Nevertheless, think about having the dipsticks at home, anyway. I found that it gave me something to do, second time round... Laughing

If you root around, you might find some old post on here of mine about my feelings about having a second c-section, how I fought it tooth and nail, won my battle in theory and then lost it in practice.

And in my experience, having an emergency section made no difference regarding breastfeeding, either time (once after PE/HELLP meltdown, the second at term++). The thing that affected it most first time round was my postpartum depression and post-PE exhaustion, lack of understanding from my then husband and my son's severe IUGR-ness, asthma and eczema, which restricted what I could eat while feeding. Although I managed through the most difficult part of using the Daisy Milking Machine on SCBU while cross-eyed with pain and bewilderment, I eventually gave up at 5 months. Second time round it went like a dream - almost too well, as the little blighter didn't give up for nearly 18 months!! Happy to talk this through via PMs or the Just Chat threads.

Love to you
xLaurie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 24 Jan 2009, 10:53 am

Hi Paula,

Great news on all avenues!
Im glad your Mum is well enough to come home and that your protienuria in a UTI and nothing more sinister.

I look forward to hearing from you after what I hope is a stress relieving scan - if not before!

Best Wishes
Liz

mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 24 Jan 2009, 9:37 pm

Hi Paula
So sorry to hear the stress you've been going through - hope the results show that the +1 was just a UTI & that your BP settles again.
I would definitely ask for the pee sticks to have at home. On "stressy days" during pregnancy no.2 I could test up to 5 times a day but when feeling OK I would test a couple of times a week & it was always reassuring to know that I could recognise the early signs myself.
I was worried about the VBAC with no.2 but was so lucky - my labour was 12 hours from start of regular contractions until she was born & it was all done with gas & air (more through poor planning than anything else - by the time I really needed the epidural it was too late!).
I actually found breastfeeding easier after my 1st baby - no.2 has been a real pickle & if I wasn't headed to Bangladesh in a few weeks (& the thought of trying to keep bottles etc sterile scares the hell out of me) I would have stopped after a few weeks!
Wishing you all the best for the next few weeks & hope your mum makes a speedy recovery.
xx

PS good to see you are doing well Carrie, have sent you a PM already, but didn't realise about anniversary on the 28th - will be thinking of you xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Mon 26 Jan 2009, 4:10 pm

Hi Carrie just to let you know that i'am thinking of you on the 28th and hope you get through the day as best you can.
Lots of love From Paula.
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 31 Jan 2009, 6:06 pm

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update i went for my 32+2 week scan and the baby is growing well they said it was estimated at 2041g so i asked what this was lb they said 7lb i was shocked they said it could grow another 2lb. However when i got home i thought about it and it's not 7lb it's 4lb so a sigh of relief Very Happy

My blood pressure was fine and no protien so i'm really happy cheers . There was ++++ glucose in my urine and i told them that i had some very sugary (liquid sugar infact with glucose added) cough syrup and the pharmacist said it would effect the result. They want me to do a glucose test but i might not bother going cause i know the cause.

Carrie i hope the 28th was a happy day to celebrate Alice's short life and i was thinking of you and your husband.
Take care all
Love Paula.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 2:03 pm

Hi Paula,

Great News!
Long may it continue!

Carrie,

As Paula says, I hope Alices anniversary passed as peacefully as possible for you.
Thinking of you all.

Warm Wishes
Liz

HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 9:03 pm

Pleased that your bp was ok and no protein-long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carrie06
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Wed 11 Feb 2009, 10:38 pm

Thanks everyone for your best wishes. Cx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Fri 13 Feb 2009, 9:39 pm

Hope you're doing OK Carrie.
Must feel good to be getting so close.
Big hugs
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 14 Feb 2009, 6:53 pm

Hi everyone hope i find you all well.

Went to my fisrt birthing class last monday (which was a first and eye opening) My Bp is behaving and no protien and GTT test normal so i'm very happy. I'll be 35 weeks on Wednesday and finish work on friday. I just can't believe that i only have just under 6 weeks left it's so daunting.

I went for my hospital tour today and they said i couldn't have a water birth but no one has mentioned this before (any info welcome). Got my last scan in 2 weeks and still at midwife every week!

Thats about it for now. Just got to hang in there I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riina
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 14 Feb 2009, 7:12 pm

Hi Paula,

Thats great news!! Ive been following your thread as I would like to very much be pregnant myself again but havent taken the plunge yet... Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

Riinax
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat 14 Feb 2009, 9:26 pm

That's great news Paula!
Make sure you have your bag packed - my no.2 put in a surprisingly early appearance! Hope you can enjoy a few weeks of rest before D-day!
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sun 15 Feb 2009, 2:18 pm

You are giving me so much hope. I am trying to concieve my 2nd at present and to see you getting to 35 weeks is just brilliant. Hope the pe keeps away and you get to enjoy your maternity leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sun 15 Feb 2009, 3:04 pm

Hi Paula
Did you have a section when you had your first? I was told I couldn't have a water birth as it presents too much of a risk for the scar. I was very disappointed...
When it came to it, I tried hanging out in the bath, thinking it would make me feel better. It didn't!! I guess every woman is different. At least I didn't feel cheated after all. Laughing
xLaurie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: My story   Wed 18 Feb 2009, 4:03 pm

Hi Laurie,

Yeah i had a c-section as at 30+2 they wouldn't induce me. I am dissapointed i can't have a water birth but they said i can get in the pool in early labour so that will have to do i would have thought the water would have taken the pressure off your scar but what do i know. As long as i can avoid another c-section and have a healthy term baby i don't care.

However i did have my blood pressure taken on monday and it's slowly creeping up!! Booked at 120/80 and usually at 120/75 but has risen to 125/88 so it's on it's way up but no protien?? Having my BP done again on thursday so we'll have to wait and see, and baby is at the first stage of engagement hopeing all stays well Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story   

Back to top Go down

My story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next