Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kai Jacob

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amysmum
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Kai Jacob   Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

Its a little late, but I am happy to announce the safe arrival of Kai Jacob on 30/7/11 @ 36+4 weighing in at 3lb 5oz. He was delivered by planned section due to the fact my BP has been creeping further up as the weeks have gone on, I am on top dose of labetalol and his growth was minimal!!!

So after discussion with the consultant we mutually agreed we had pushed as far as could be and 36 weeks was our original aim! He was born at 10.36am after a very calm section, with some lovely staff, who after me deciding i didnt want to know the op details (lets get this show on the road was mentioned lol) changed the subject. He was born screaming the place down (music to my ears Smile ), he was wrapped up straight away because he was so small, I got to give him a kiss (hands were trapped under gown/sheets etc) and daddy got to hold and carry him back to delivery. However he had gone to NNU by the time I was stitched up due to his drop in temperature.

I was discharged after 24hrs because everything has settled down and I couldnt stand another night of other peoples screaming babies! Little man is still in SCBU and they expect him to be in for 2-3 weeks. He has been breathing all on his own with sats of 98-100 constantly! He is borderline jaundice and is now on full feeds for his weight Smile I'm expressing for him and he had a little try on the breast today and did great Smile

So although we didnt want/expect the trip to SCBU, it isnt half as traumatic as the first time round, I feel much more relaxed and just cant wait to get our little Kai home Smile

Holly
xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:15 pm

congratulations Holly - and welcome to Kai. I hope your NICU journey is short and sweet and he's soon home by your side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:10 am

Congratulations Holly and a huge Welcome to the world Kai!

You done so well in your pregnancy Holly and its great that not only did you make it to 36 weeks but had an extra 4 days so almost full term. Really happy for you and im more happy that the c-section went calm and relaxed.

Kai will do well at NICU and will be home before yyou know it Smile

Well done honey!

Thaiba
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

Congratulations on the birth of Kai jacob. I hope his stay in NICU is a very short one x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amysmum
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Thank you everyone Very Happy Just wanted to let you all know Kai came home yesterday at 3lb 11oz. He is soooo wonderful. The bit I have loved the most was this morning getting up with BOTH my little people and having breakfast (sad i know) Very Happy

Holly
xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*Carole*
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Tue 19 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

wonderful news. so happy that you are a family at home together.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Hi Holly,

Thats fantastic news.
Enjoy your new little family all beiing home together - just as it should be!

Warm wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kai Jacob   

Back to top Go down

Kai Jacob
Page 1 of 1