Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robby
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Hello    Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Hello,

I just joined this site and I wanted to introduce myself. I am Robby and I lost my little Rosie on 01st of April due to Pre Eclampsia and HELLP at 25+6 weeks. I went to the routine appointment at 25 weeks and found protein in the urine and I had really high blood pressure, so I was sent immediately to hospital. Few days after I had to be induced as I developed HELLP and my bloods were really bad. Little Rosie was too small to survive. My husband and I miss her so much and are trying to deal with the pain by going to counselling via SANDS. The hospital have been good to us, and did any test possible to reassure and to make sure that I was OK. At least they tried to make a horrible situation as bearable as it could be. The only thing that gives me a bit of hope is the thought of trying for a little one again. We went to the consultant appointment last week. He was really nice, and explained to us what the risks are and what care we will receive next time, and if we wanted we could be under his care. He said to wait to start trying after I stopped taking Labetalol and my blood pressure is stable. I am currently on 100 mg twice a day, if my blood pressure does not go back to normal and I need to go back on the Labetalol does anyone know if the drug will have any effect or pose any risk for a next pregnancy from conception?

Sorry to go on for so long!! I was wondering if anyone went to have successful pregnancies after such a horrible experience?

Thank you again,
Robby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

Hi Robby,
So so sorry to hear about your little girl, I know how awful it is to lose your little one to this horrid disease. There are plenty of success stories on here. It took me about 3 months to come off labetalol after the delivery of my daughter and my bp went back to normal. My son was born in Dec and I had high bp from about 25 weeks ish. Luckily it did not ever become really serious and we got to 39 weeks. I know how empty you must be feeling right now, for me the only thing that helped a little was reading stories that gave me a glimmer of hope. Having Laurence has by no means replaced Beatrice and the pain never goes... but he has made us smile again Smile I hope this helps a little.
I really wish you lots of luck in trying for another and hope it goes smoothly for you.

Take care,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:51 pm

Hi Robby,

Pleased you found the site!

I won't repeat my story, as you already know it, but just to let you know I was on labetelol for around three months after delivering my first son. I'm sure you will probably come off it as you're on such a small amount, but it is safe to take during pregnancy.

So sorry about the loss of little Rosie again.
You and your husband take care
Emma xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

Hello Robby,

I'm so sorry you've had to join us. Early pre-eclampsia is just horrible, and you will always miss little Rosie x

I hope you've seen my story; my first daughter Alice died at 25+6 two years ago also due to severe PE. My second pregnancy ended in a healthy baby girl last December; no pre-eclampsia, no high blood pressure. The difference could really not have been greater; you have to hold on to the fact that each pregnancy is different (and hopefully, like mine very different).

It took me about 6 weeks to stop taking high blood pressure medication after losing Alice but for many women this takes much longer; I think your blood pressure will probably return to normal, as you've not had that long yet. There are also plenty of women who have had successful pregnancies whilst on labetalol, even when they've had severe and early PE before.

I hope this helps just a bit. I remember how awful I felt during those early months and am thinking of you xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*Carole*
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:52 am

Hi Robby. sorry to hear that baby Rosie couldn't stay. I don't know about second pregnancies after PE/Hellps but I understand that if you are still on BP meds then there are meds that are safe to take in pregnancy. I was on Methyldopa during my pregnancy. I hope this website gives you hope. xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robby
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:50 pm

Sorry for late reply and thank you for your messages, it really gives me hope that maybe things will get better eventually.
I am scared and excited at the same time about trying, so worried something will go wrong. I am doing exercise and eating healthy so hopefully that will help putting the bp down! Fingers crossed for next week!

Thanks again, is nice to know that there are people listening and that understand...

Robby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Hi Robbie,

A warm welcome to the forum. Am sad that you have had to join us here. I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful little girl Rosie. I hope you can find the support and answers that you are looking for here. I know this forum has helped me alot over the years. The other ladies on here are very supportive and caring.

I had a still born boy in 2006 due to severe pre eclampsia and i've never managed to stop my labetalol. I am still on it now. I have since gone on to have a successful PE free pregnancy taking Labetalol through out. The only problem i experienced during the pregnancy related to the labetalol was that my Bp was low at times and i had to stop it for a couple of months.

Best wishes

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello    Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

Hello Robbie,

I am so sorry it has taken me such a long time to welcome you to the forum - especially when ypur post tells us the loss of your beautiful baby girl Rosie.

I am glad you are getting support from SANDS, they are such an invaluable resource. Im glad too that you have had the opportunity to discuss your care with your consultant. Knowledge is the power against this vile condition so you are doing all the right things to arm yourself against it.

Labetalol is a very safe drug - it has been around forever so has been tried and tested endlessly. As with all beta blockers, it can exacerbate asthma or produce a low heart rate which might need to be monitored if this is relevent to you. But in terms of baby, very little gets across the placenta and negligable amount get into breat milk so breast feeding on it would be fine too.

I hope you will find the information & support you are needing or wanting here, but do let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Warm wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello    

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Story-
Jump to: