Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Membrane sweeps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Membrane sweeps   Sun 15 May 2011, 9:27 am

Has anyone had experience of this on does it work??? Ive been told its hit and miss and the cervix has to be "ripe" for it to work but how does one get the cervix ready???

Ive been getting alot of braxton hicks contractions since 28 weeks, they are getting more and more breath taking and i must say it makes me feel different down below. How does one know when the cervis is ready??? I guess an internal examination can tell us properly how prepared the cervis is....

Anyone have one,please share the experience...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Membrane sweeps   Fri 20 May 2011, 6:24 pm

Hi, I had 2 sweeps as I was 39 weeks and PE had reared its head again so they wanted to either induce me or try to encourage naturally. I was so determined to have a VBAC that I had 2 sweeps - the 1st one did cause some changes but I didn't feel anything although I had a show. The 2nd definately got me into labour (++ alot of walking). I was told that the cervix was ripe but the sweeps just gave an extra move in the right direction.
Good luck xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Membrane sweeps   Fri 20 May 2011, 7:50 pm

I had a membrane sweep last wednesday (39 weeks exactly) but i was dissappointed to the point of tears because my cervix was not ready AT ALL. However been getting these wierd lower back pains since last night but they come and go.

If you dont mind me asking, did you do anything to prepare for the cervix to ripen??? Some people have suggested intercourse and Evening primrose oil. I dont like the sound of either but i was really upset when i went in for my sweep and they couldnt even reach the cervix Crying or Very sad

I have another one next thursday, one day after my due date...really nervous about it because i wont know if i will get a repeat of last wednesday... I have been doing alot of walking after it though, boy am i knackered from all the walking ive been doing the last 3 weeks pale

Do you think because i have had one sweep already my cervx will be a little dilated???

Sorry for all the questions but i need this 2nd sweep to work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Membrane sweeps   Thu 26 May 2011, 6:51 pm

back ache sounds promising but obviously don't know much about sweeps apart from my own experiences. Just try to relax an good luck. x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Membrane sweeps   

Back to top Go down

Membrane sweeps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: