Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PIH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scoffs
Forum Friend

PostSubject: PIH   Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:32 pm

Hi All

I started getting high bp at week 24 and Doppler etc all good. Growth scans are all good too which im very happy with.

In the last week or so I've had terrible headaches and was admitted to hosp as bp spiked really high. Also had stomach ache. I've had no significant protien (trace) and my legs swell in the afternoon/eve and this is normal with pregnancy I believe. I had blood tests etc and they said they were ok but bilirubin was way higher than it should be. I am now taking labetalol 200 per day and pursauaded them to let me leave hospital. Went to the day unit yesterday and my bp is unchanged. I'm still getting headaches and the stomach ache that was relived by antacids is no longer. Should I be worried? Has anyone had just simple high bp that did not turn into PE? The consultant pretty much said it is s matter of time but is it really? I'm now 34 weeks.

Amy thoughts would be great,
Thanks
Sx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Mon 21 Mar 2011, 8:11 am

Please go back to the hospital and get checked out again today.

I say this because you are describing what sound like possibly new / worsening symptoms (stomach ache now not relieved by taking ant acids). Its not inevitable that you will get PE - but the problem is that these conditions can worsen really quickly and its just not worth hanging around / taking the risk if there is any possible signs things could be going downhill.

I don't want to worry you unecessarily - but if you are posting here you are not sure yourself so I really think you should go back into the maternity assessment unit and let them take another look.

Let us know how things go

Best wishes

Jules xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scoffs
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:22 am

My stomach ache isn't really new it feels like I've got a foot/ bum in my ribs. I'm at the midwife this am so I will tell her. I am concerned as they got me all worried last week but I'm sure things are ok as they would not have let me go home if they were not ( I would hope anyway!!!!)

Thanks for your advice
S xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:28 am

Please please keep getting checked out. Even if you go back every day or see a midwife every day just to be on the safe side. PE can be so sneaky and arrive quickly I think, and you need to kept safe and monitored regularly.
I ended up having Eclamptic seizures with virtually no obvious symptoms.Shocked Slight swelling, headache, no protein and normal for most people BP (but high for me.) Protein and lowered platelets were all detected later after 2nd seizure, so please please stay within easy reach of the hospital, if they are willing to let you stay and be monitored there, I'd recommend it, certainly if you've no other children to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scoffs
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Mon 21 Mar 2011, 3:28 pm

Aw thanks ladies. All was fine at the midwife, BP still high but not insanely so and no protein etc and the baby is active and HR was good. Told her about my ribs and she told me to keep an eye on it. Am back at the hospital on wednesday to see the consutlant and will make sure they have a proper care plan for me. They seem to be taking it very seriously and I will go back in if they suggest it.

I am hoping it will remain to be PIH and not anything more sinister.

fiveisanawfullybignumber - that sounds very scarey indeed. I am shocked that you didn't have any massively obvious symptoms - were you in hospital at the time? did you feel rubbish at all before it all kicked off?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Tue 22 Mar 2011, 8:39 am

I'm another one that had very severe disease - life-threatening for me and my baby (she died) with no obvious or severe symptoms. Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily follow that if you are getting sicker you feel awful. Mine case was fairly exceptional though.

Take care x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scoffs
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Tue 22 Mar 2011, 11:38 am

Wow - this is really scarey stuff. Sounds like you two have been through some really horrible times - I'm really really sorry xx

Thanks for all your advice, I really don't know what to do other than take each day as it comes and make sure I get lots of answers from the hospital.

Thanks
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PIH   Tue 22 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

Jules - I'm so sorry at what an awful time you've had with PE. It's just not fair what it can do! (((HUGS)))

Scoffs, our stories go to show you need to be properly monitored, every day to be honest in my opinion. I had a headache but was still mildly confused by all the action when it started to kick off in my case. My story is here....... http://pesupport.friendhood.net/t475-anyone-else-had-eclampsia-followed-by-pe
Certainly a precautionary tale to not rely on the most obvious symptoms. Take care and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIH   

Back to top Go down

PIH
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: