Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Low dose aspirin and nose bleeds???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Low dose aspirin and nose bleeds???   Mon 20 Dec 2010, 8:43 pm

Im currently 17+5 days pregnant and things seem to be going very well. Im waiting to feel my baby move and you would think id recognise the fluttering feelings seeing as this is my 3rd preganancy but im so confused Rolling Eyes I think i do feel them....im just waiting to get to 18 weeks so fingers crossed.

My question today is... is it common to have nose bleeds while taking low dose aspirin? I have never ever had a nose bleed in my life but since 10 weeks of pregnancy ive started having these nose bleeds and in the last two weeks the nose bleeds have got so bad... I mean i'd be having a conversation with my husband and then he would tell me ive got blood coming out of nose. The bleeding last for about 15 minutes but it scares the heck out of me because im not use to having them. The bleeding seems to happen on my left nostril...

I havent been able to go to the doctors about this yet due to the heavy fall of snow and i always ALWAYS end up slipping so i dont want to risk it.. But i will definately go eventually.

Thanks guys.

Thaiba
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClaireS
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Low dose aspirin and nose bleeds???   Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:40 pm

I had loads of nose bleeds when I was on low dose aspirin and quite often they lasted well over half an hour too. I spoke to my midwife about it and she said that nosebleeds were common in pregnancy anyway, and aspirin thins the blood.
Never caused me any problems aside from the inconvenience of frequent nosebleeds, so hopefully nothing to worry about.

Claire x
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Low dose aspirin and nose bleeds???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1