Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Swine flu jab???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Swine flu jab???   Tue 14 Dec 2010, 11:26 am

Is it safe for us pregnant women to have the swine flu jab and is it essential to have it? Arent we at more risk???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu jab???   Tue 14 Dec 2010, 1:25 pm

Hi Thiaba,

Pregnant women are advised to have the flu jab as the mothers immunity is naturally lower during pregnancy and therefore can be more vulnerable to the effects of swine flu.
As with all vaccines, whether you choose to have it or not is entirely up to you and is something that if you are worried, talking through with your GP. They have all your medical history to hand and will be able to make an appropriate opinion for you.

Here is the link to the NHS page regarding pregnancy & swine flu.

Pregnancy & swine flu

I can find no research or data that relates to specifically to PE & swine flu.
I hope this helps

Best Wishes
Liz

Swine flu jab???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1