Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

35 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: 35 weeks   Wed 10 Nov 2010, 1:59 pm

Hello all,
Had my scan yesterday and all is still very good. Blood flow is excellent and baby is estimated to weigh about 6lb. Quite a big boy for little old me! Bp has crept up a little again so methyldopa is getting adjusted accordingly, but no protein at all. I think I am generally quite swollen, especially my legs which of course could just be a normal symptom but obviously I am being cautious. I am seeing my consultant again in a week so he can check my bp is ok and I am on the right dose. Was just wondering about peoples thoughts on delivery...I realise that this could all be taken out of my hands if pe starts. Consultant has given me a booklet about vbac or the offer of a c-section at 39 weeks if I am ok up until then. He wants me to have a think about what i'd like to do. In an ideal world, I would like to try for a vbac but realise these are usually more successful if labour starts naturally and I do not want the baby put at unecessary risk because of being induced (scar rupture etc). I'm wondering about asking if I could be left until 40 weeks to see if I go into labour (with extra monitoring), if not have a c-section. What does anyone think? Any experience of this?

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 35 weeks   Thu 11 Nov 2010, 9:11 am

Hi lizzie,

I am glad everything is going ok for you still, and you can start to think about delivery.

Personally, I would want to be delivered a bit earlier than 40 weeks as I am scared of something going wrong later on post 38-39 weeks (like unexpected late stillbirth). The risk of that is probably quite low, and I am probably very influenced by the fact that with Alice they told me she was not at risk of imminent stillbirth based on scans and CTGs - but then she died in utero only a few hours later. So, I really think when and how to deliver is a very personal thing you probably need to discuss with your consultant again. Whatever you decide, everything will probably be a lot smoother this time.

Good luck x

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 35 weeks   Fri 12 Nov 2010, 2:59 pm

Thanks Jules,
I feel much the same...would love to have him at 38 weeks but that would have to be a section. Really don't know what to do for the best...wish the decision could be made for me really!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 35 weeks   Fri 12 Nov 2010, 3:58 pm

Hi Ladies,

PE robbed us of our control when it struck so its perfectly natural to want to plan ahead or be overly cautious, just as long as we remain in control.

Take a day at a time is my advice, as you approach delivery times you will have a better idea what to go for.
As Ive often said though, Im a big believer in maternal instinct. Its there to protect us, so if your instinct is telling you something keep stamping your feet until someone listens.

Best wishes to you both.
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 35 weeks   

Back to top Go down

35 weeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1