Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?   Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:31 am

Im only 4 weeks pregnant but cant help think about the birth and how everything will be. Ive had 2 C-sections- 1st was due to a failed induction and foetal distress and 2nd c-section happened because i wasnt even given the option for a VBAC. I really want a vaginal delivery this time but dont know what to do...

Both time i had Lower segment C-section... Does that make it a greater risk??? I think ive healed really well but then again i cant see whats going on on the inside. I wasnt one to lay and rest after haveing my c-sections. As soon as i could feel my legs i was up and away- walking to the toilet, getting my own breakfast. The nurses gave me alot of praise for doing that but do you think that didnt let my wound heal on the inside?

I dont know why im thinking about this now...im just having one of those down and emotional days. I just want to hear your views and your experiences...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

Can anyone help me with my dilema posted above???? Im now 14 weeks pregnant...everything seems ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

I can't help you but can only offer my thoughts on it as don't actually have experience of it myself...

I am in the situation that I would like a vbac this time if the opportunity arises, which means that in order for this to happen I will need to go into labour naturally (inducing increases risk of rupture, and I am not willing to do that), and pe also needs to stay away. I am also not willing to take the risk of going over due...my placenta could have had enough by then. My consultant is willing to see if I am favourable for membrane sweeps at 38/39 ish weeks if nothing happens I will have a section. As long as baby is safe and sound I will be happy.

I really believe that you cannot plan for your delivery too much or get your hopes up for something too much...it really is a case of 'wait and see' nearer the time.

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?   

Back to top Go down

Successful Vbac especially after 2 c-sections?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1