Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm having my baby next week!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: I'm having my baby next week!   Thu 26 Aug 2010, 11:53 am

So, I am back from my hospital appointment and scan this morning. Baby seems huge at the moment to me at 5lb 6 but is starting to show signs of restricted growth and my placenta is starting to show signs of not being as efficient (although at the scan sonographer said placenta is fine) My consultant has said she reckons it is time to get the baby out! She is happy with the weight and reckons baby won't need to (hopefully) go to special care. She is also happy to wait till next week. Looks like I will get my Septemeber baby after all (I am such a teacher!) I didn't even have to ask for a section she said the baby has already decided that for me!

So my journey is nearly coming to an end. I have had a fantastic consultant this time and at the hospital both H and I were talking about how happy we have been with the care we have been given. 38+2 to me is a miracle. If you had asked me this when i got my BFP I would never have thought it!

Forgot to say both BP and urine were fine today

Although I am sure I will be here a lot over the next few days and hope to continue to support many new BFPs I would just like to say thank you so much for the support I have been given. Liz, you have been very reassuring and informative bothbefore and after my BFP. As has everyone else!

If you 'know' me anywhere else can you not say anything yet. We might keep our section as our little secret!

Mossy (currently 37+2) 7 days to go..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Thu 26 Aug 2010, 2:20 pm

Hi Mossy,

Congratulations on your due date!
I am so pleased that your journey has been as positive and that you also get the delivery you wanted.

Looking forward to some 'September' news!

warm wishes
Liz

ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Thu 26 Aug 2010, 8:58 pm

Hi Mossy so pleased you have come this far and all is well and congratulations on your date glad you have had all the care and support looking forward to the news xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Fri 27 Aug 2010, 3:00 am

Thanks for the good wishes.

It feels very weird to have got this far but still to have 'failed' in the end! I know I haven't 'failed' but it is the only way I can describe it.

I think I was a bit overwhelmed at the consultant's appointment yesterday but am off to the day assessment unit tomorrow (Saturday) and think I have a huge list of questions! Yes, I did want tto opt for a section but this isn't really an elective section this time. Itis weird last time when I knew I was having the baby I was in hospital on continuous monitoring to be home is very strange.

I'm now trying to figure out why I am having this baby early. I know I don't have PE but is it because the baby is small - so do I have IGUR isseues this time? Questions for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Fri 27 Aug 2010, 9:15 am

Great news, Mossy!!

And you haven't failed! Maybe your baby is looking a little smaller, but remember scans aren't 100% accurate. And you'll be delivering a full term baby who most probably won't need special care. I think that you're in a fantastic place! Hope the consultant can give you some more answers today to put your mind at rest.

Looking forward to hearing about the birth of your little one.

You have done so well and only hope I get as far.

Take care
Emma xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Fri 27 Aug 2010, 3:26 pm

Hi Mossy,

Congratulations on getting this far and best of luck for next week. Look forward to reading the arrivals page.xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Fri 27 Aug 2010, 6:20 pm

Congratulations on getting so far! Look forward to hearing your news...and you certainly have not failed! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Sat 28 Aug 2010, 9:33 am

Congratulations on getting this far- no way have you failed- just growing a baby for nine months is the greatest success story, how it's brought into the big wide world is not as importatnt, especially when you've had PE. Looking forward to hearing your great news.
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 7:35 am

Hi mossy,

Good luck and congrats! And no you haven't failed (you wouldn't tell any of us we'd failed because we had early onset PE, even when the baby died, would you)? and in any case you've reached full term! That's fanatastic news!

Best wishes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm having my baby next week!   

Back to top Go down

I'm having my baby next week!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1