Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 10:01 am

Had 22 week scan this morning - absolutely normal growth, now estimated weight 1lb 1 oz at 22+0 (Alice was only 1lb 4oz at 25+6) . Tech confirmed its still a girl(!) Uterine artery dopplers normal too (hooray)!.

Statistically, they told me my risk of PE is now <10%. Has anyone else been told anything similar? (obviously that's a vast improvement on the 30-40% I was quoted initially, though still the anxiety will remain)...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thaiba2000
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm

Hey Jules,

Wow hon, looks like your appointment went very well, FANTASTIC! The anxiety will probably niggle at you from time to time but im sure thats just a normal thing... stick with the positives and say NO to the negatives Smile You're doing really well and im extremely happy for you!

Take care
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

Hi jules,

I am so relieved that your appointment went well & that you were given such great reassurance on your perfect dopplers. I imagine you are somewhere between thrilled & relieved to nervous & doubting still though.

Obviously dopplers are a great tool, but they are not an exact science & much is down to the interpretation of the sonographer. Having said that, I doubt if anyone would have told you that your risk factor had lowered that much if they were not absolutley confident in it.

your baby (girl!) is a good weight and with nothing restricting her growth should plod along quite nicely. I hope you are going to be getting a growth scan some time soon - for your reassurance if nothing else.

Well done Jules, I really am happy for you.

Warm wishes
Liz

emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 2:50 pm

Great news Jules!! Really please for you.

Hopefully that has helped ease your worries, even if only a bit!!

Take care
Emma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 2:59 pm

So glad your doppler went well. I was never given statistics from mine but my 22 week doppler wasn't the best! I think it is perfectly normal to be anxious during another pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 9:38 pm

That's great news jules! A really good weight too! My consultant did not mention percentages when I had my doppler but did say he felt it was unlikely I would suffer from early onset pe. I suppose that's the same as what you were told? I'm sure at this point in our previous pregnancies the notching would have been bad...our daughters were very similar weights too. Fingers crossed for at least twelve more weeks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks   

Back to top Go down

uterine artery dopplers at 22 weeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1