Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

We made it! (Finally adding pics)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelle
Forum Friend

PostSubject: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Fri 20 Aug 2010, 8:55 pm

Just wanted to let you know that on the 9th my little girl was born. Arianna arrived at 35+6 and weighed 6lb 1 oz.
My midwife came that morning and sent me to the hospital again. My bp was 150/100 and I had 2 pluses of protein. When I got there my protein had gone up to +4. The hospital wanted to send me home again but then suddenly my bp started to go up and up. Within a very short time it became an emergency and I was put onto a magnesium sulphate drip and taken straight to theatre. Afterwards I was quite ill and have had bp problems since. They wouldn't even allow me to have a sip of water because they said it could overwhelm my heart and lungs.
I am still on labetalol 3 times a day and fluid tablets which do seem to be helping slowly. I believe they left me far too long and it frightens me what would have happened if they'd sent me home. Please anyone in the same situation, fight until you are heard. I feel very lucky, I have a beautiful daughter and I am on the road to recovery myself.
Thank you to all who have listened to, and supported me over the last number of weeks and a huge thanks to Liz.

Last edited by chelle on Fri 10 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.totsites.com/tot/babybailey
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Fri 20 Aug 2010, 10:53 pm

congratulations! I hope that your health continues to improve and that you enjoy Arianna. I know it took some time for my BP to come down to reasonable levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 4:44 am

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I am sorry that the hopsital left you too long. I hope you will be on the way to recovery shortly and yourself and your daughter home together xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

Hi Chelle,

Huge congratulations on the safe arrival of Arianna.
From the sounds of it Chelle, you did a fabulous job all the way along of making yourself heard when those around you didnt want to listen....all credit to you there.

Enjoy every moment with your little girl, Im sure she will bring you happiness that outweighs all the worry getting her here.

Warm wishes
Liz

jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi Chelle,

Many congratulations! Sounds like a great weight for 35-36 weeks too!

I can't believe they wanted to send you home with 4+ protein and your past history either! I hope I never end up in your hospital! Ugh!

So relieved it ended ok and you are recovering though.

In my pregnancy with Alice I was developing pulmonary oedema (fluid on lungs) and was not allowed any fluids for 3-4 days. I stayed on the labetalol for about 8 weeks afterwards too. But I made a full recovery in time and I'm sure you will as well xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

Congratulations Chelle on the birth of your beautiful daughter. So glad you are recovering well. Take care.xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendles
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

Hi Chelle

Congratulations on the birth of Arianna. So glad to hear your good news I've been wandering how you where doing.

Like Jules I also had pulmonary odema and wasn't allowed fluid for about 4 days, my BP stabilised within a week or two of the birth and I stayed on BP tablets for around 4 months. I made a full recovery and given time I'm sure you will too.

Best wishes
Wendy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sun 22 Aug 2010, 4:09 pm

Huge congratulations on the birth of Arianna!!

I'm so pleased that everything turned out well and that you are recovering.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Sun 22 Aug 2010, 8:33 pm

Congratulations! Fantastic to hear that you have a lovely baby girl! Glad to also hear that you are recovering well.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   Mon 23 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

Hello Chelle

Huge congratulations on the birth of your daughter Arriana queen sorry it went a little wobbly at the end there, but all was well with little one and hope you are now on the road to recovery
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We made it! (Finally adding pics)   

Back to top Go down

We made it! (Finally adding pics)
Page 1 of 1