Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BP during 2nd preg.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: BP during 2nd preg.   Tue 25 May 2010, 3:10 pm

I just had my 20 week scan and my BP was 124/78 which I know is within the normal but was back up to my booking in BP. I know this doesn't mean I will get PE but I'm just getting so anxious it probably doesn't help! I was just wondering if anyone has had higher BP during their 2nd pregnancy but never developed to PE. I know this doesn't change my journey but it may just help my state of mind. I know I was hot and anxious at the app. but I can't excuse everything. I've now got another 4 week wait before my Consultant app. and I want to be more relaxed for this!!
Thanks
Nicki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BP during 2nd preg.   Tue 25 May 2010, 4:33 pm

Hi Nicki,

If its any consolation to you - Ive know hundreds of women whose BP was high at their booking following PE and gone on to have healthy PE free babies!

Best Wishes
Liz

nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: BP during 2nd preg.   Tue 25 May 2010, 6:10 pm

Thanks Liz, It does help. I think it is the fact that I can't see into the future and what will happen over the next 20 weeks, I can't control it and I am looking for every small thing! I've had a good cry which always help relieve anxiety and now I feel chilled again. Time for some yoga I think. You will def. be hearing from me alot over the next few weeks. I was just saying to my husband it really feels like I am going through exams again with the BP being the pass or fail (I know it's more serious than that- but I always got anxious with exams aswell!!)

Thanks again
Nicki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BP during 2nd preg.   

Back to top Go down

BP during 2nd preg.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-