Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

stomach pains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: stomach pains   Fri 21 May 2010, 3:52 pm

The week before I found out I was pregnant with Ricky I had severe and constant cramping stomach pains. I didn't have any idea I was pregnant and only tested on the first day of my missed period. I went to the docs with these pains because they kept me off work and he just diagnosed me with my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) playing up.

Once I found out I was pregnant they thought that the pains were from an ectopic, but an early scan revealed they weren't.
Anyway, I ended up delivering Ricky at 24+6 due to severe pe and HELLP.

I now know that pe is caused by the placenta not implanting properly and I keep thinking maybe these stomach pains had something to do with the placenta implanting. I haven't asked my Ob about this as only recently made the connection. However, I keep thinking about this and it's driving me up the wall. Could there be a connection?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: stomach pains   Fri 21 May 2010, 4:37 pm

I thought that that placenta does not actually implant until 14ish weeks...might be wrong though! I had a few mild cramps - like light period pains. Think it's normal? Who knows! Sorry I can't be more help.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: stomach pains   Fri 21 May 2010, 6:17 pm

Hi Emmie,

I think that stomach pains are just a really common early pregnancy symptom, common in normal pregnancies. Mostly they are due to the hormonal changes causing IBS like symptoms, or due to the uterus beginning to expand a bit.

I really doubt you can "feel" the placenta implanting. I don't think it implants before about 10 weeks either.

I know what it feels like to be driving yourself mad trying to work out what went wrong, but please try not to; there was nothing you could have done and no way at all that you (or anyone else) could have known what was going to happen. You were just incredibly unlucky (& Ricky too). It gets to me that my experience was so so far worse than normal; it was even much worse than "normal" PE. But it just happens to a few women and for no obvious reason we were among them x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: stomach pains   Mon 24 May 2010, 4:32 pm

Thankyou for your replies ladies.

I know you are right Jules, I need to stop torturing myself. Goodness knows what I'm going to be like when I next get pregnant!

Hope everything's ok with you, and you too Lizzie.

xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stomach pains   

Back to top Go down

stomach pains
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1