Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

medical notes and haemophilla blood test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmandaLily'smum
Forum Friend

PostSubject: medical notes and haemophilla blood test   Thu 20 May 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi, Just wanted to update on my TTC No2 after IUGR PE baby. I have now received my medical notes from the hospital (which is not my local one) after 2 months of asking. I was concerned there was very very little theatre notes (only a tick box sheet). I am concerned as the Dr who saw me on discharge wrote on my discharge papers I would not be suitable for VBAC. The only indication on the theatre notes is a poorly formed lower segment?? No other mention of the cut used except 'transverse on uterus'. It has also been confirmed that my notes have no reference to the placenta being examined, reported or if infact there was anything wrong/right with it. Is this usual?? I would have thought with a suspected IUGR baby they would have done this as standard.
On first look at my notes, PE was noted at 26 weeks, no protein initially and blood pressure was in the middle 90's. I havent really digested alot of it yet so Im not sure on PET blood results yet. Obviously it got worse but to what extreme I dont know.
I went for the blood test yesterday and I should get the full results in about 2 months. Then I am hoping to have an appointment with the consultant I originally wanted to see 3 months ago and not be fobbed off again like the previous 2 appointments.
Just wondered if the lack of report on the placenta is usual.
Regards
Amanda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: medical notes and haemophilla blood test   Thu 20 May 2010, 1:31 pm

Hi Amanda,

The lack of any report of the placenta is a little unusual. Often they do not get sent for any histology but there is usually a visusal report from the midwife. Eg. placenta intact or placenta pale / grainy.
From what you have said I strongly suspect you had what is called a 'classical' incision to your uterus.
If you imagine your uterus to look like a lightbulb....when you are heavily pregnant the weight of the baby forces the neck of the lightbulb to expand, creating a lower segment.
When the baby needs to be delivered early, s/he is generally so small the neck of the uterus hasnt stretched and is therefore very muscular and would make access difficult.
So they cut transversely - accross the top of the lightbulb, where it is well rounded and access is easier.

The downside to this incision is that in subsequent pregnancy, the scar is at an increased risk of rupture during labour which is why VBAC is not advised.

I hope this helps - and if you would like more help 'translating' your notes, just give me a nudge.
Obviously if you want to ask something a little less publicly, PM me!

Best Wishes
Liz

AmandaLily'smum
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: medical notes and haemophilla blood test   Wed 26 May 2010, 9:33 pm

Hi Liz, I have now received additional papers from the hospital after having quite a detailed discussion on what was in my file. (with the health record dept legal team). There is no report on the placenta or any mention of it whatsoever. I am very upset as I will not be able to get the answers I need to actually understand what was going on (if that makes sense).
At 28 weeks baby was measured on 10th centile, urine NAD and BP/82 at this point I had a couple of readings in low 90's and 1 trace protein sample. I had lots of brackston hicks and visual flashing light disturbances. I was now under consultant care.
My bloods are as follows from 26-31 October showing high levels in
Sodium 135
Albumin 31, 31, 30, 28
APTT (RATIO) 0.88
24hr U Protein 0.14 in 2050 mls and 0.17 in 1900mls
WBC 11.4
PCV 0.355, 0.352
Neutrophils 8.7
These results are all out of the normal range taken over a period of 5 days.

These results are from the day before I had my little girl.
RCC 3.63 10*12/L
HCT 0.338
MCH 32.9
MCHC 35.2
NEUT 77%
Serum Albumin 26 g/L
Serum Urate 0.39 mmol/L

I did not do another 24hr urine sample at the other hospital I was sent to. Is this unusual? Infact they hardly tested my urine at all and I remember doing it myself with the dipsticks that were in the toilet cubical.

The doppler showed on the day of delivery AFI 7.2. AB ratio 5.3 and 6.1 and low liqour volume.

I know that I was on the CGT all the time and that nearer the time she was delivered there were a couple of really bad de-sats with very slow recovery and I think this is the reason they delivered her but again there is very little in my notes as to why the decision was made. There is also no theatre notes at all.
Regards
Amanda

i know this is all not good as I had a very small baby 9 weeks too early but exactly how bad was it? Sorry to bombard you with all this information and that I appreciate your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: medical notes and haemophilla blood test   Fri 11 Jun 2010, 12:38 pm

Hi Amanda,

Im sorry for the huge delay getting back to you - things have been bonkers here!

I have PMd you a reply.

Best Wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: medical notes and haemophilla blood test   

Back to top Go down

medical notes and haemophilla blood test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1