Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Morning Sickness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tomsmammy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Morning Sickness   Sat 17 Apr 2010, 4:38 pm

Hi Liz,
i was wondering if you are able to tell me if there has ever been a link established between the lack of morning sickness and PE?
I never had any with my little boy, and loved the fact, while i was surrounded by lots of pregnant mum's who were constantly ill with it. i've stumbled across a few articles that mention it but none that have explored it futher.
We are currently TTC for the 1st time since i had my boy 6 years ago. and i'm sort of thinking, if i dont get morning sickness, is it worth preparing myself for it all to happen again. (not that i wont anyway!!)
Did anyone else have morning sickness then developed PE?

P.s i'm sooooo glad i found this forum, its already helped just reading that you CAN have a normal pregnancy after PE! thankyou xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:42 pm

Hi,
I was the complete opposite! Was incredibly sick up until delivery, had very bad indigestion as well. Was sick at all times of day and night. My consultant said that hopefully if I feel well (after 12 weeks) it could be a good sign as in his experience alot of women with early onset PE are quite poorly. Fingers crossed for you!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:51 pm

I was the same as you tom's mammy. I sailed through my pregnancy, no sickness, nothing. Even when I was at my worst I didn't even really feel ill, but I knew I was because of my high blood pressure etc. Even the docs couldn't believe how well I felt and I had a whole range of them come in to ask me! Therefore, I will be interested to hear Liz's response. However, like Lizzie, I have seen that some people who get PE get morning sickness and some don't so I will be interested to hear of any correlation.

By the way, noticed you're from Teesside, like me. My hospital and Ob were absolutely brilliant with me and I've already had two follow up visits, one after I was discharged and one when we were ready to try again. If you want my Ob's name please PM me. I also know that our nearest PE expert in Newcastle is in contact with my Ob. Hope that helps.

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caroline
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:06 am

Hi,

With Max I was sick every day from approx 9 to 16 weeks (although I didn't feel particularly ill with it) and went on to develop PE at 28 weeks. With Tilly I felt queasy most of the time but wasn't actually physically sick that many times and PE held off until 36 weeks.

Caroline x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:31 am

This is an interesting read. With my daughter I was very sick! All day long until I had her at 31 weeks. This time, I am currently nearly 19 weeks, i've hardly been sick at all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:33 am

Hi ladies,

Firstly, welcome to the site Tomsmammy, Im glad you are finding reading the posts helpful.

I think there was some anecdotal evidence between morning sickness & PE that did lead to some bigger studies.
I will look into it for you. Im in court with Aimees case tomorrow so my head is already there but will get back to you ASAP if thats ok?

If its of interest I was really sick every day till I had Aimee!

Will get back to this one I promise!
Liz

tomsmammy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Sun 18 Apr 2010, 8:23 pm

ok Liz, thanks for your reply. And I wish you the best of luck tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Mon 19 Apr 2010, 6:21 pm

I think about 50% of women get morning sickness, and therefore 50% don't. [I didn't have much; I had very severe PE by 25 weeks]. I'm not sure you can read too much into this one, though I understand why you'd like to know early on whether you are "at risk" again or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendles
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   Mon 19 Apr 2010, 9:00 pm

Hi

I've had 3 pregnancies and had morning sickness of similar levels in all 3. 1st pregnancy ended at 24 weeks due to severe PE and my baby girl was stillborn. 2nd pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a miscarriage and 3rd pregnancy was full term with no PE and I have a healthy 2 year old. So for me I don't think there is a link between morning sickness & PE.

Wendles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Sickness   

Back to top Go down

Morning Sickness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1