Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bells Palsy...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alka
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Bells Palsy...?   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 2:30 pm

Hi Liz,

I hope you're well. It's been a while since I posted but I'm always on here reading up on the latest news.

Since I had my little boy, who is now 27 months! I've always wondered if there's a connection between Bells Palsy and Pre Eclampsia.

I developed Bells Palsy in about week 28 of my pregnancy, it scared the life out of me and I really thought I'd suffered a stroke, I'd never even heard of it. However, having read up a little, I've found that some studies are showing a possible link between the two. I just wondered if you'd heard anything along these lines? I'd also be interested to hear if any of the other lovely ladies here experienced the same during their pregnancies?

Here's a quote from one of the sites I've been reading:

"There may also be a link between Bell's palsy and high blood pressure in pregnant women, says another respondent, citing a study showing that about a fifth of pregnant women who present with Bell's palsy develop preeclampsia."

Thanks and thank you as always for this amazing forum!
Love Nic x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bells Palsy...?   Sat 20 Feb 2010, 12:17 am

Hi Nic,

Have PMd you!

Best Wishes
Liz

Bells Palsy...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top