Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PE 'expert'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: PE 'expert'   Tue 05 Jan 2010, 1:45 pm

Hi Liz

I've posted on here before about my experience with HELLP and PE at 24+6 weeks and my little boy not making it and I'd just like some help with locating an expert in PE to help me with some questions I have that my consultant seems to be puzzled about (placenta being totally healthy!). I'd also like to talk to an expert before we try again (I know its still soo early, but want to have evrything covered so hopefully my risks next time are reduced).

I did send you a message about this, so don't know if you missed it or haven't had chance to reply- sorry if I'm being too impatient, know it has been a busy time Embarassed I live in the Teesside area and I'm guessing there's probably no-one round here and my next closest PE expert would be Leeds or Newcastle?

Also, how do I get a referal? Don't want to tread on anyone's toes because my Consultant has been brilliant, but just want to make sure I do everything I can to reduce the risks.

Thanks again
Emma
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PE 'expert'   Tue 05 Jan 2010, 2:38 pm

obviously not Liz but I saw Prof James Walker at St James in Leeds. THe appointment took ages to come through but I'm glad I saw him as i've got a management plan which i took to my consultant in York.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PE 'expert'   Tue 05 Jan 2010, 6:36 pm

Hi Emma,

I see Dr Jason Waugh in Newcastle and would recommend him too - he is also one of the PRECOG guideline writers, and has a special interest in maternal health and pre-eclampsia. James Walker in Leeds has also been recommended to me, so I would just choose whichever is easiest for you to get to (you should have lots of ante-natal appointments if / when you get pregnant again).

You can see whomever you like provided your GP is prepared to refer you. I would think your GP would be likely to go along with your request, considering what happened to you and your baby.

I know the consultants in Newcastle very well now, so happy to talk further if you wanted to be looked after here. (send me a private message)

Best wishes

Jules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: PE 'expert'   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 4:30 pm

Thankyou for your replies ladies.

I am seeing my GP on Tuesday and am going to ask him about referals.

Newcastle will probably be easier to get to, and when I googled Dr Jason Waugh it came up that he used to work at the hospital I am currently under! This hopefully is a positive because if he is the nearest expert and I can get an appointment with him, hopefully he and my own consultant can work together.

Liz, just wondering if you had any input or could confirm if Newcastle is where my nearest APEC expert is based?

Many thanks
Emma
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PE 'expert'   

Back to top Go down

PE 'expert'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1