Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

recurrent miscarriage investigations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: recurrent miscarriage investigations   Thu 19 Nov 2009, 11:00 am

Hi,

I have read that there is an association between pre-eclampsia and miscarriage. I am pretty sure I had a miscarriage in October 2008 at 4-5 weeks, even though I never ran a pregnancy test, just before my disaster pre-eclampsia pregnancy and stillbirth with Alice (I conceived again in November). I have definitely just had a miscarriage now, after getting pregnant again in September - so that is 3 losses in a row for us.

I am wondering what tests they do for recurrent miscarriage if I asked to be referred? Is it all the same tests e.g. thrombophilia etc that I have had anyway following pre-eclampsia and stillbirth, or if there is anything different they can offer? There is no point in me repeating the same tests, which were all negative anyway, but I just wondered if anyone who had these investigations could help?

Thanks

Jules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   Sat 28 Nov 2009, 10:51 pm

Hi

I asked a similar question to this a few months ago. Here is a link to the thread

http://pesupport.friendhood.net/ask-liz-f3/pe-and-recurrent-miscarriages-t203.htm

I asked to be referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic but as my MC were not three in a row this wasn't possible!! I did get an appointment with a consultant at the hospital who, after I persisted, sent me for some blood tests for Lupus and an APS blood test. I haven't had the results of this back yet.

The consultant has told me to take aspirin as soon as I fall pregnant next time and I am to be managed under the EPAU from 7 weeks until I am 12 weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   Tue 08 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Thanks Mossy, I've already had those tests done too and they were all normal for me. I hope they find something treatable for you - and good luck for next time.

Jules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   

Back to top Go down

recurrent miscarriage investigations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1