Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Notching

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Notching   Tue 08 Sep 2009, 8:58 pm

Hi Liz
Hope you & family are well.
A friend of mine is 29 weeks pregnant with twins & has been told she has notching on her doppler today. Her BP & urine are normal. She has an 8 year old daughter & had a normal pregnancy with her. They have told her they will just see her every 2 weeks from now on.
I would have thought she should be monitored a bit more closely or am I just being a bit paranoid?
Thanks for any advice
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Notching   Thu 10 Sep 2009, 4:00 pm

Hi Mouse,

Sorry for the delay
29 weeks pregnant with twins & signs of notching is not a brilliant sign but its equally not the end of the world necessarily either.

Scans are also (sometimes) subjective dependent on the skill of the person doing the analysisThe peaks & troughs of notching, and the frequency are important factors. There may be single of bilateral notches...?

Essentially what they show is an increased resisitance of blood flow accross the uterine arteries. The higher the peaks & troughs & the higher the frequency equals an increasingly higher resisitance.

Images Uterine Notching

Above is a link to some really great images & explanations of what it all means.

As your friend is 29 weeks & with twins, this should be regarded as new clinical evidence to increase her monitoring. Unless more signs or symptoms appear then 2 weekly appointments are within the PRECOG guidelines.

I hope this helps & that your friend continues with a long and happy pregnancy.
Give her our best Wishes!

Liz

mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Notching   Thu 10 Sep 2009, 5:24 pm

Thanks Liz - will let her know
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notching   

Back to top Go down

Notching
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: