Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

my referal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: my referal   Mon 08 Jun 2009, 2:36 pm

is lost in the magic nhs post bag somewhere.

I dont' know who's at fault or anything but i'm pretty cross right now that after months of being fobbed off someone has finally admitted that they've never received anything.

It's being faxed again now as i type.

So i have to wait and wait and wait some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClaireS
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my referal   Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:39 am

I have recently had a similar experience - It takes a lot to make that decision to go and get a referral in the first place, and added hassle really doesn’t help the process!

I went to see my GP back in March and much to my surprise, he agreed to refer me straight away! Unfortunately the consultant he referred me to had left, and so I got referred to someone else (I never found out who). At the beginning of May I had still heard nothing, and found myself desperate to check the post everyday, and so I started chasing. I spent a week chasing round a hospital switch board and getting nowhere, I then got through to the department the GP receptionist told me I had been referred to, and I got told that they didn’t deal with referrals of that kind, and they couldn’t help me! I spoke to the GP surgery again, and they re-referred me. I thought that would mean another few months of waiting, but within a week and a half I had not just 1, but 3 appointments through the door (not without a few hitches along the way!) This was the last week in May, and the last of my 3 appointments is on 17th June. So things happened very quickly for me, once I’d had a re-referral, hopefully things will speed up for you too. – Hang on in there – I know how difficult and extremely frustrating the waiting is, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Best Wishes

Claire xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my referal   Tue 09 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

rightly or wrongly i got pals involved.

Referals and bookings have phoned me to say they still don't have my referal so were phoning my GP to get another copy of it.

They will phone me when they have it.

I feel now as if i'm getting somewhere I'm still annoyed that i have had to do this in the first place.

thanks for your response Claire it's good to know being a pain works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my referal   Tue 09 Jun 2009, 2:04 pm

Hi Ladies,

Start as you mean to go on - thats my ethos!

Sometimes you need to stamp your feet & remind some professionals that you are not a case or a number but a woman who has had the most frightening first pregnancies & you WILL be treated with care dignity & respect!
Sometimes that takes a bigger pair of 'PALS sized' shoes!

Dont ever be upset at demanding the right care - for 2 reasons. 1 - if the job was being done properly in the first place it would be unnessecary & 2 - if your child were already here & being treated this way you wouldnt stand for it at all. So why stand for it now just because your child isnt actually here?!

PE robs us of the control and this is just another way of keeping it!

Keep up the sterling efforts ladies.
Liz

sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my referal   Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:47 am

it gets worse see my other post but all i need to say is

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH

It's so bloody annoying that you try and do the right thing but it doesn't ever seem to run as smootly as it should.

So still no appointment. I'm now in the dreaded internal mail system and line of never answered phones.

I'm cross, upset and truly truly truly annoyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my referal   

Back to top Go down

my referal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: I need to rant!-
Jump to: