Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

time between delivery and next pregnancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eli73
Forum Friend

PostSubject: time between delivery and next pregnancy   Wed 04 Mar 2009, 9:23 pm

Hi Liz

I have another question: I have already started to think about the possibility of having another baby. I'm 36 and from my understanding PE risk increase also with age -expecially over 40 - but what about the time between delivery and next pregnancy?
Are there any indication or reccomandations on how much to wait after first delivery with PE+Hellp? Or is something not relevant?

thanks a lot
Elisabetta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nic
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: time between delivery and next pregnancy   Wed 04 Mar 2009, 9:32 pm

Hi, I am also thinking about a second child and I went to see my consultant for advice. I'm 32 and she recommended that I thought about conceiving asap after 2 years after delivery of my first child. She felt that iron stores are generally regenerated after breast feeding and it is not leaving it too long re: risk of recurrence of PE and age.
Hope that helps and good luck. It is such a difficult decision to make and very scary!
Nicki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: time between delivery and next pregnancy   Thu 05 Mar 2009, 2:04 pm

Hi Ladies,

There is evidence to show that a subsequent pregnancy within 2 years does appear to offer some 'protective' value and that after 5 years this 'protection' has diminished. This may well be why delays in pregnancy of 10 years or longer should be classed as a 1st pregnancy.

Good luck with the decision making.
Best Wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time between delivery and next pregnancy   

Back to top Go down

time between delivery and next pregnancy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1