Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

sister and pregnancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nic
Forum Friend

PostSubject: sister and pregnancy   Thu 13 Nov 2008, 8:37 pm

My sister is pregnant with her 2nd child and she did not have pre-eclampsia the first time but since she had her first child I have had a little girl who was born at 36 weeks due to PE. Does this mean she is at risk and should be following the PRE COG guidelines? Her mid-wife dismissed the information at her 'check in' appointment. I presume because she was PE free first time.

Nicki A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: sister and pregnancy   Fri 14 Nov 2008, 12:02 pm

Hi Nic,

Yes! Your sister is at an increased risk (about 1:10 times) of getting PE, but as she has had a a PE free 1st pregnancy these odds improve a little. Her midwife must take her risk factors seriously and everyone around her should be aware of the signs & symptoms - just in case.

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
Liz

sister and pregnancy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1